Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2007

I've become a LaLa evangelist

LaLa was in Beta long before I got on. In fact, I was invited by a couple of friends months before I tried it. I didn't feel like looking at something new. I get invited to try stuff all the time. Join this! Do this! Be my friend! It's tiring and much of the time, nauseating. I can't even keep up with email and phone calls. So the idea behind LaLa is this: Trade your CDs with other people, the more you send, the more you receive and it costs $1.75 each.

One day I was at my mom's house and she said something about how she had so many CDs she had to start putting them in boxes so she didn't even know what she had anymore and she was pretty sure she didn't like many of them. She also kept a list of music that she wanted to buy and for months I had been telling her to make a wishlist on Amazon so I could buy them for her. All of a sudden it clicks. I'll trade them on LaLa for CDs that she wants! I joined in October and in four months I've traded 156 CDs and almost completely overturned my CD collection. My mom gets a stack of new music every time I visit and she's thrilled. I've become a LaLa evangelist.

No comments: