Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

Happiness sells (more than sex)

I walked on the beach today. I had the week off between jobs and took the opportunity to visit the beach without the crowd. I put on my running shoes and clothes, grabbed my iPod and headed out. It was glorious.

I was feeling so good that I was singing out loud, I think I skipped and danced a little while I was walking, and at one point I found a swing set. I blasted my tunes and swung into the big blue sky for a good half hour with a huge smile on my face. There are times in life when I thank God I'm a woman and able to do things like that without being considered a freak. (Then again, the men are in charge and they could change the rules if they wanted so I don't feel too sorry for them.)

Anyway, I got claps, cheers, waves, smiles and nods of encouragement. I was happy and people wanted to show their support. About 500 yards away, a gorgeous model in a sexy dress was being photographed. She didn't get any attention. (I don't feel sorry for her either).

No comments: