Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cancer Zero

I've been seeing graffiti that I can actually read lately. I mean English WORDS, sometimes even strung together in a coherent way. I always remember graffiti just being a name (of a gang? a person?) or just some made up word, or not even being able to make out letters. Above the freeway, someone has written "Sex Crime Money Fame" or something like that. What is that? Some kind of commentary? And then I saw this "Ins Cancer Zero" on the back of a truck. Is it a reference to our broken health care system?



I was thinking how genius it would be to actually use graffiti to advertise. Paint up the side of trucks with your message and park them all over town. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a billboard and let's face it, everyone tries to read graffiti. But just as I was thinking I was clever, it occurred to me that maybe I had this idea because someone is already doing it.

No comments: