Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Daylight Savings is for bureaucrats

This is going to sound crazy but I *swear* that since the Daylight Savings time change I have not been able to go to sleep until an HOUR past my normal bedtime and I can't wake up until an HOUR past my normal waking time. Even on the weekends, I sleep an hour later than I usually do, no matter what time I go to sleep. I started a new job the Monday after the time change and I've been late every day, arriving past 9:30 AM. I had no problem showing up at 8:30 for an interview there two weeks before.

So I'll ask the question again that I've asked many times before. What business does the government have messing with the time? Don't they have better things to do? Leave the time alone! According to Wikipedia, biorhythms are fiction, a product of psuedoscience. How disappointing. Well, no wonder it's okay to mess with the time. It's just a clock after all, it shouldn't ACTUALLY have an effect on a person's ability to go to bed earlier and get up earlier.

Apparently, the governments of the world have put a lot of thought into this hundred year-old idea and have determined it valuable despite protests of farmers, Arizona and people like me. Come to think of it, I'm too tired to protest.

No comments: