Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stars in my future

I know that horoscopes are silly but I enjoy them anyway. I tell myself that I have a scientific interest in that I like to measure the likelihood of them being correct. Usually I read the month's full horoscope near the beginning of the month, so it would stand to reason that it doesn't resonate as the month hasn't happened yet. Invariably, when I forget get to it mid-month, I'm often astounded at the relevancy looking back.

Today, realizing that I hadn't yet read my predictions for August and given all the change that's going on, was incredibly curious to see if this was the case. It's so amazing, I have to share it with you.

It starts out saying that I’m getting a promotion, possibly at a new company. Take my time to review the offers, it advises, it will work for me. (Now they tell me!)For the past two years it says I’ve worked hard and been “on display,” needing to prove myself. “Think back to July and August 2005. At that time, Saturn had just entered your prestigious career sector and began to groom you for much bigger things.” August 2005 is when I started working in marketing again, after five years of pursing acting. I was an unemployed waitress/actor and was having a hell of a time convincing people that I was anything but. Life, it says, is about to get much better. I’ve paid my dues and I’m about to earn a lot more money.

It continues: An excellent day to open talks is August 2. (The day of my first interview) By August 6, you should have the answer you want, or if not then, shortly thereafter. (I got the job on August 8!) One day that will likely be a tough one will be August 21, in fact, it may turn out to be the hardest day of the year for a work-related episode. (This is the day I start the new job.) Mars will move into your eighth house, suggesting you are about to spend quite a bit of money and your high-spending period will last until the end of September. (Yes, yikes!)

I got a little worried when I read that "the last part of the month will be a turbulent time for everyone. A particularly difficult full moon lunar eclipse in Pisces is due, and will force a decision about a romantic relationship, particularly if you are not yet formally attached." I don't even want to think about what would happen if the guy I told I would marry and follow around the world decided to take me up on that right now. Let's hope this horoscope stuff is a bunch of crap!

1 comment:

Cheeseslave said...

Tee hee! WEIRD!