Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Stop in for a Squishee at the Kwik-E-Mart!

I was driving down Venice Boulevard, on the way back from a friend's house, when I noticed a bunch of people taking pictures of a 7-11 while I was waiting at a red light. Some were standing next to some Simpsons characters and getting their photo snapped. I noticed there were more characters on the roof.

"Ha, cool," I thought, "they've got The Simpsons..." But HOLD THE PHONE, it's not a 7-11, it's a KWIK-E-MART! The whole building was made to look like it was from the cartoon. Some bike riders came by and couldn't peel their eyes off of it even though they clearly needed their eyes on the road. I didn't have my camera and didn't even think to stop and go inside but the entire experience has been faithfully documented on Flickr.

There are only about a dozen stores throughout the country so many cities don't have one, DOH!, but check out the list to see if you're on it. The movie better be good, I'm getting tired of promotions that are better than what they're promoting.

No comments: