Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

“The Biggest Hat That Has Ever Been Made in the History of the World."

Last year I was the secretary for my local college alumni organization and put my experience to work organizing their first film festival. It featured several shorts (including my own) and one full-length film, Balloonhat in which balloon-twister Addi Somekh traveled around the world and demonstrated his unique ability to transcend cultural divides and make people smile with his creations. It was an inspiring and uplifting film. Afterwards the audience flocked around Addi to watch him make balloon art for us.


Addi just sent me an email that he has launched his own channel on YouTube. He writes:
It's been 16 years since I twisted my first balloon, and I decided to celebrate by starting a channel on YouTube called Addi’s Inflatable Minute. Every week will be completely different yet always anchored in the fascinating power of All Things Inflatable: Wild experiments with giant balloons clobbering little kids, the time I made 200 hats on the Martha Stewart Show, instructions on how to make the balloon ring (and impress the ladies) and “The Biggest Hat That Has Ever Been Made in the History of the World." Upcoming episodes include a guy in Berkeley that invented a balloon organ(?!), a balloon bikini photo shoot, a balloon hat/wheelchair parade in a nursing home and much more.

It's fantastic, watch them all!

No comments: