Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Got MS?

A friend of a good friend of mine was diagnosed with MS a couple of years ago. That's Multiple Sclerosis, the disease that Richard Pryor had. My friend did an MS walk, I donated money and have since been on their mailing list.

I donated because a friend asked and because I know someone with the disease but none of the follow up marketing MS has done, emails and direct mail, have compelled me to donate further. My theory is, people are emotional creatures and we make decisions (while perhaps informed by logic and reason) for emotional reasons.

This is why the latest email from the National MS Society, while decidedly an archaic and even cheesy concept, totally works. The email was an invitation to play a game, Scoop Deluxe. It's simple and makes it's point by showing you what it's like to have the disease. Let me know if you think it works.

No comments: