Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Cut from the same cloth as Jodie Foster

A few weeks ago, I saw Harry Potter and there were a string of trailers for violent movies and one was Jodie Foster's new film, The Brave One. I wasn't crazy about the vigilante idea but thought she had a great haircut - as a girl with short hair, I'm always shopping for a new look. I've always liked her. I grew up watching Disney movies and two of my favorites were Jodie Foster movies, Candleshoe and Freaky Friday. I thought she was the coolest and I wished I were like her, tough and street smart. Today I read an article about her in the New York Times and gasped when I read this section about her media persona:

Story after story told much the same story: she was talking at 9 months and had taught herself to read by 3. She had never taken a single acting lesson. She could memorize her role after reading the script twice. She wanted to be the president of the United States. (Later, she said being a director would do.)

See, I was talking at 9 months (complete sentences my mom claims) and I starting reading at 3 (my parents said I was reading billboards along the road and that's how they discovered it). I memorize scripts instantly and when I was acting used to know the entire thing, not just my part but everyone's. And I wanted to be the president of the United States when I was 4 (and later thought being a director would be better). How bizarre to read a string of characteristics for someone else, someone famous, that are just like mine!

It made me wonder if my life is fabricated, like I've just been assigned personality type 140-AX-5B and just happen to share it with Jodie Foster. It would certainly explain why I've always been a fan of hers, eh?

No comments: