Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hotel Michelle

I forgot to say in my post about the kitties what an inspiration Michelle was. It's easy to write off someone like her, who calls the kitties she helps her "kids," as a crazy cat lady. But she was one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Tirelessly dedicated to helping the cats of San Francisco, she calls her garage "Hotel Michelle."

There were a half dozen cats there when I visited, each in various stages of recovery from surgery or medical treatment. They all have their own cage with food and water and newspaper, and lovingly looked after by Michelle. She works full-time, owns a condo and spends all of her free time helping people like me (although in fairness, I was more dedicated in my quest than even the average person.)

Clover, the name the shelter gave momma cat, is up for adoption now and she is a cute little thing! The San Francisco SPCA is one of the best, a no-kill shelter with volunteers who keep the animals company and spend their weekends trying to get them adopted. If you need a kitty pay them a visit!

1 comment:

Kiska Icard said...

What a beautiful image, and a very thoughtful endorsement for The SF/SPCA. Thanks for keeping animal adoption in the forefront of people's minds