Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

And now for something completely useless

I've been wanting to do this for a while, actually, post the top viewed photos from my Flickr photostream that are viewed on a regular basis using the same search phrase. Counting down the top 10 they start out pretty normal but then get kind of weird:

10) The search phrase "Pacific Palisades park Santa Monica" puts this picture taken with my old 1.8 megapixel camera at number ten:


9) "Glass of wine," a common stock photo search I would imagine, brings up the only picture I have with that title:


8) Another common search phrase is "tennis courts":


7) I really like this photo so it makes me happy that so many people appreciate and are searching for "Karman Gia":


6) "Passport control" or more often than not, "Heathrow Terminal 5 passport control." Wow, really?


5) Another search I find curious for its specificity is "SFFD", not fire trucks or fire department but SFFD - San Francisco Fire Department:


4) All of my photos relating to feet - feet in sandals, cheerleaders socks, my friends wedding heels, pedicures - are in the top 25. The most searched term, however is "barefoot street" which brings people to a photo from Bay to Breakers, a crazy drunken costumed all-day parade that follows a 10k run:


3) Third most popular search is "deformed white tigers." I'm not sure if people want to see deformity or are trying to verify the fact that white tigers are the result of inbreeding (not a separate species), and are usually born with deformities. Here's my top viewed photo of stuffed white tigers trapped in a vending machine, under which I wrote the above description to explain why it bothers me that they are revered:


2) "Cracked glass," surprisingly popular:


1) But the number one search phrase is "men in diapers," making this pic from Bay to Breakers FIVE TIMES more popular than any other photo:

1 comment:

Shane MacRhodes said...

Nice post- it lead me to do my own, thanks.

http://www.missyandshane.com/AllAroundUS/Blog/Entries/2008/11/22_Saturday_Time_Killer.html

Maket!